This session is for woodturners who are considering adding a laser to their workshop, or already have one and want to learn more about the range of projects that can benefit from laser engraving and cutting.
This fast-paced presentation covers topics that include:
• What is a laser and why you might consider using it with woodturning projects
• What can you do with lasers?
• Sample projects
• Basic tasks: cut, engrave, etch, score
• Graphics types: vector vs raster
• Types of materials
• Safety concerns!
• Types of lasers for Makers
• Software for design and laser control
Alan Zenreich is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Southern Piedmont Woodturners meeting – Alan Zenreich – Introduction to Lasers for Woodturners
Time: Sep 19, 2023 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)