Here is a list of upcoming events and additional information so please mark your calendars and stay tuned for additional communications. Please put these dates on your calendar.
- September 19th
- John Walsh will demonstrate making a faux Cigar pen. He will go through the steps of selecting the types of woods to use to simulate the cigar's tobacco leaves and simulating the cigar's ash. He will also discuss the selection of hardware for the pen and will then demonstrate gluing the woods to made a blank. The blank will then be cut to length and drilled to accept the hardware which will then be glued into the drilled holes. John will then turn the blank into the cigar shape and finish it. Finally he will demonstrate how to make the wood at the tip look like realistic ashes and will affix a cigar band to complete the pen.
- Turner of the Month: Walt Hazelrigg
- Monthly Challenge: Turned bell with turned handle.
- October 17th
- Jack Reyome and Fred Connell will be demonstrating the Rose Engine Lathe.
- Turner of the Month: Tony Profera
- Monthly Challenge: Any expressionist or modernistic art turning.
- November 21st
- Charles Farrar will be demonstrating texturing and coloring techniques.
- Turner of the Month: Hazen Alward
- Monthly Challenge: Vase - any size from weed pot to large turned vessel.
- December 19th
- Christmas party at Captain Steve's Family Seafood Restaurant.
- Monthly Challenge: Christmas Ornament
The Southern Piedmont Woodturners, Inc. is supported in part by a grant from
the Grassroots Arts Program of the North Carolina Arts Council, a state agency, and the
Cabarrus Arts Council.