SPWs Monthly Challenge Project
CHALLENGE PROJECTS: 2017
JANUARY ROLLING PIN (any usable size)
FEBRUARY ANY FOOD SERVING OR PREP ITEM (Spoon, Dipper, Scoop, Ladle, etc.)
MARCH BIRDHOUSE (any type - big or small)
APRIL TEA LIGHT or OIL LAMP
JUNE LIKENESS OF AN ANIMAL (bird, reptile or insect or other)
JULY MALLET (any usable size)
AUGUST TURNED BOX (using more than one kind of wood)
SEPTEMBER TURNED BELL (with turned handle)
OCTOBER ANY EXPRESSIONIST OR MODERNISTIC ART TURNING
NOVEMBER VASE (any size from Weed Pot to X-Large Vessel)
DECEMBER CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT
1. For each challenge item please fill out a “Show and Tell” project entry slip.
2. Challenge project entry should be a turning produced for the current monthly challenge, and not shown at previous club meetings or in public previously. Project should not be a turning from any earlier production that fits the challenge type.
3. Challenge project entry must be a piece with major work requiring the use of the lathe (some non-turned hardware will be accepted where appropriate).
4. For each Challenge project brought, two raffle tickets will be awarded for use in that evenings club raffle (maximum of 3 challenge entries per meeting).
5. Monthly projects and guidelines are subject to change by SPW Leadership.
The Southern Piedmont Woodturners, Inc. is supported in part by a grant from
the Grassroots Arts Program of the North Carolina Arts Council, a state agency, and the
Cabarrus Arts Council.