SPW's Monthly Challenge Project
CHALLENGE PROJECTS: 2018
JANUARY Any Jewelry Item (example: ring, bracelet, medallion, broach, hairpin, or necklace)
FEBRUARY Toothpick Holder (any type)
MARCH Any Offset Turning
APRIL Ring Holder
MAY Baseball Bat (any size greater than 6 inches to a reasonable length)
JUNE Matching Grain Lidded Box or Bowl
JULY MALLET or Meat Tenderizer
AUGUST Candlesticks (matched pair greater than 4 inches tall)
SEPTEMBER Embellished Platter (any size greater than 8 inches)
OCTOBER Natural Edge Bowl (any size)
NOVEMBER CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT
1. For each challenge item please fill out a “Show and Tell” project entry slip.
2. Challenge project entry should be a turning produced for the current monthly challenge, and not shown at previous club meetings or in public previously. Project should not be a turning from any earlier production that fits the challenge type.
3. Challenge project entry must be a piece with major work requiring the use of the lathe (some non-turned hardware will be accepted where appropriate).
4. For each Challenge project brought, two raffle tickets will be awarded for use in that evenings club raffle (maximum of 3 challenge entries per meeting).
5. Monthly projects and guidelines are subject to change by SPW Leadership.
The Southern Piedmont Woodturners, Inc. is supported in part by a grant from
the Grassroots Arts Program of the North Carolina Arts Council, a state agency, and the
Cabarrus Arts Council.